Menu For Students Learning English:
Sign Up For Email Updates For Free Services / Paid Resources + Also Get A Free Ebook: "25 English Learning Tips" (Subscription Optional + May Take 48 Hours To Email E-book - Check Spam):
In the writing exam, try to make your vocabulary as complex as practical.
Even if some words are reasonably complex, such as "example", they are often used frequently and thus would not likely impress the examiner.
Some example of improvements (depending on the context) could be:
1. Example = illustration / demonstration / instance.
2. Now = currently / recently.
3. Often = frequently.
4. People = individuals / citizens.
5. Place = location / area / region.
6. Think = consider / perceive / ascertain.
7. Really = extremely.
8. See = view / analyse.
9. Agree = positive / advantageous.
10. Disagree = negative / disadvantageous.