Keyboard Controls: click on top of audio player first to activate it = 1. "space" = play/pause / 2. "up" = next question / 3. "down" = previous question".
Try not to speak too fast - accuracy above speed (also not too slow) and too much speed can be excessive perhaps.
Practise + practise again - make speaking in English and answering IELTS questions as automatic as possible.
Understand the different sections of the exam.
Try to fully prepare how you will answer questions about your job etc. - try to get the vocabulary and grammar accurate ahead of time.
Whilst, that will not directly affect the mark necessarily, try to be smart and professional to boost your confidence.
Make sure that you are not thristy - if you drink enough water, that can help you speak more easily, compared to a dry throat.
Practise in front of a mirror how you will respond.
Record yourself and play the answers again.
If you do not understand, ask to make sure you are answering correctly - much better than guessing and perhaps answering the wrong question - that about how you will do that.
If you need to give examples, try to speak about easy topics for you, that you are more confident for the grammar and vocabulary to answer about.
Menu For Students Learning English:
Sign Up For Email Updates For Free Services / Paid Resources + Also Get A Free Ebook: "25 English Learning Tips" (Subscription Optional + May Take 48 Hours To Email E-book - Check Spam):
- What is your full name?
- Can I see your ID please?
- Where do you come from?
- What do you do?
- Tell me about where you live?
- Which hobbies are most popular in your country?
- Have you travelled to other countries before?
Talk about a favourite holiday that you have been on.
- Where was it?
- Who did you go with?
- Why did you like it?
- Where do people like to go on holiday in your country?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of going on holiday in another country?
- What are the ways that people relax in your country?
- Do people relax enough?
- Do you think people lead healthy lives?
- How could they improve their overall health?